Friday, July 16, 2010

Correspondence

The lost art of letter writing. It's always exciting when an actual letter or postcard comes in the mail, mixed in with the bills and fliers, this little piece of connection to someone. My grandma is great at writing letters. My parents haven't sent a Christmas card in longer than I can remember. Now with email, text messages, social networking, the art of the letter has started to disappear. It is 'more green' to use email than the postal service but the less mail there is the less postal service jobs there will be and there is already plenty of unemployment...

I received my monthly letter from my grandma, telling about what my cousins are doing, reminding me that I haven't been very good at keeping in touch... so today will be about keeping in touch, instead of going out and buying a thinking of you card, I'll make a card.

I have a lot of digital photos on my computer, so I picked one for the audience, a photo from our recent hike up Katahdin which will also give me something to write about. Now I'll just have to go buy a stamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment