Thursday, July 28, 2011

invasion of the squash

Oh how my garden has grown... I've missed my yard and watching my garden grow. It has exploded while I was gone. The 3 squash plants are creeping up toward the house and out trying to creep through the fence into the neighbors yard...



My heirloom beans are growing. I get so excited being able to walk outside, pick these beautiful pods and find these gorgeous beans inside! It's pretty incredible that one little bean planted in the ground, given water and sun has grown into an incredible bounty. I have two varieties and can't wait to eat them!
my dahlias are blooming, bright red and different shades of pink, think petals, thin petals... these strong, beautiful plants seem to have grown up overnight since they were barely breaking through the earth when I left.
And there are vegetables to be harvested, this beautiful cauliflower with a purple tinge, chard, beets, carrots, kohlrabi... what an incredible bounty to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment