Wednesday, January 4, 2012

grow to the light



I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat in the living room. As I was waking up a little more with each sip I found myself drawn to the purple shamrock. It's one of those plants that seems to go to sleep at night, the leaves fold down and then they open up again the next day to greet the sun. I looked at how each one was stretching and growing to find its own place where it would be bathed in light. I realize you learn at young age about the things plants need to grow and about how this works so in itself not a big revelation that they're growing toward the sun. As I admired the richness of the color and the way some of the leaves looked with the light passing through them I began to think bigger picture, this is a universal truth, everything grows toward the light. And even when the end of life is described for people there's often an image described of going toward light. And all my yoga teachers talk about a person's tejas,  about letting your inner light shine. On this 4th day of 2012 when it's 9 degrees outside what a beautiful reminder to wake up to, grow toward the light and nurture and grow the tejas within. 
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment