Saturday, April 7, 2012

Auction Items

I was honored to be asked by a friend to create some items to be used in a silent auction for the Somerville Homeless Coalition. And then began a bit overwhelmed by the idea. His suggestion was a gift certificate which seems straight forward but I have never done a gift certificate for my etsy shop so I have to learn how to do that. I also don't sell individual items that are very high in value so worried that a large amount may not be that useful unless someone needs custom invitations or announcements or something. I also started to think about what I would bid on at a silent auction, would I be more likely to bid on a certificate or something tangible? 
So I've done a little of both. 


This new adventure of a gift certificate, which will drive people to have to go to my etsy shop which is a good thing. 


And I put together some of my gnome items and called it a "Gnome Whimsy Box." So there is also the option of someone getting this tangible take away.

And I'm hoping to be able to put some bookmarks out as a take away for anyone interested. They have my original photos on them and where to find me. It seemed a little more interesting to me than a business card even though there's a shift toward e-readers and bookmarks may be one of the next things to become obsolete...



No comments:

Post a Comment