Sunday, May 6, 2012

no place like...

Home: the place where one lives, a physical structure, a dwelling place together with family, shelter, a mental or emotional state of refuge and comfort        

My idea/definition of home shifts or perhaps I've changed my definition from the assumption that home has to be a singular location but that people can have multiple homes from where you grow up with your family to the places you live as an adult and that home can be any place you find comfort, even within yourself...  and it is true, there is no place like home however you define it...

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and it is one of the places I call home, especially since my parents are still there and living in my childhood home. When I go back there I'm reminded what an amazing gift it was to grow up in such a beautiful place. There is no place like it.

Don't believe me? Here's some photographic proof which is only a little glimpse from a quick trip home.











No comments:

Post a Comment