Sunday, February 3, 2013

B3 Bourbon Bacon Brownies



I have one brownie recipe that I uses, my Grandmother's. It's probably just the recipe off the Baker's Chocolate box although I've never checked. Insert Friend's reference here. But then I found a recipe for bourbon brownies and saw some references to putting bacon in brownies so here's what I did.

I started by preparing the bacon
5 strips of bacon cooked until crisp
removed fat pieces and chopped up rest of bacon, came to a generous 1/4 cup

Then I prepared the brownie batter
Melt in a double boiler
2/3 of a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 stick butter
Once melted add it to
2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 cup of sugar
once that's mixed add
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3 eggs
once mixed add
3/4 cup flour
6 Tablespoons of bourbon
And lastly add the cooked, chopped bacon.
Grease a brownie pan with bacon fat (or whatever you'd usually use if you prefer)
Bake at 325 for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment