Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fall Leaf Roses


I've been seeing a lot of these roses made from fall leaves and decided to give it a try myself. Most of the instructions I came across were more image based than text so I'm going to try to include some photos and some description of what I did.

First, I went out and collected some fall leaves. It is important that they are not yet dry because once they are dry they are too brittle to work with.


To make the roses start with the center first and then work your way out. I folded the leaf to have a fairly flat edge and then rolled the leaf up


then I repeated the process of folding the leaf and rolled the next leaf around the first but a little lower down, I did this with about three leaves


once I had the center of the rose done it was time to add some petals
 I loosely folded leaves into rectangles and put those around the center overlapping them slightly 


lastly I added some small leaves with no folds for the outside petals 


then I used a rubber band to hold all the leaves together 

and I happened to have some floral tape so I used that to wrap all the leaf stems to a stick so I could put the roses in a vase 
It was a fun project. I don't plan on doing anything to try to preserve these roses for use as a decoration again next year but I may attempt this craft again next year for festive table decoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment