Friday, April 3, 2015

Peeps s'mores 3 ways

People seem to have strong feelings about Peeps - love them or hate them. I'm kind of on the fence about them. They aren't something I remember being part of my childhood easters, so I don't have a nostalgic connection to them. I have however found myself drawn to the fun colors and cute shapes in the last few years. I'm not interested in these new flavored ones,  I want my peeps to taste like marshmallow.

After the long cold winter we've had in the Boston area this year I feel particularly drawn to their bright colors and to anything that helps it feel like spring and summer are on the way so trying to make these cute festive Peeps into a favorite summer treat seemed like a good idea to me.

First I tried the basic indoor s'more, just heat the Peeps over the flame on the gas stove



I had seen some twists on the classic s'more for easier portability and cuteness
melt chocolate chips, spread onto graham crackers and stick on the Peeps


Lastly I had seem a few different versions of peeps in mini chocolate pies and decided to try a version from Something Swanky.


No comments:

Post a Comment