Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chocolate Macadamia Cookies from Spent Grain



It was a rainy day today which got me thinking about baking. Since we still have a lot of spent grain flour from our beer making and I knew I had some chocolate chips and macadamia nuts I decided to try cookies. I combined a few different recipes I came across and ended up with this new recipe:

Mix the following in the bowl of an electric mixer
3 cups spent grain flour
1 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons coconut oil
1 egg
1/2 cup almond milk (because I had some open on hand)
1/2 cup rough chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

the dough is done when it's evenly moist and starts to form a ball and pull away from the sides of the bowl. With your hands, shape dough into small balls then squash them a little flat
Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper

Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment