Friday, January 3, 2014

Curried Sweet Potato Soup


Apparently my color for the week is orange as this is the second pureed orange soup I've made this week but there is something so comforting about it in this cold snowy weather we're having. I've been trying out coconut oil in recipes more so I gave it a try in this soup today.

Ingredients:
coconut oil
garlic
ginger
sweet potato
carrots
red lentils
curry powder (I used a bit of every kind I had, sweet, hot & masala)
pepper
salt
water

In a pot on the stove, heat the coconut oil, then add chopped garlic and ginger, let cook for a minute or two before adding cubed sweet potato and carrots, then add curry powder and cook for at least 5 minutes before adding water and some salt and pepper, after about 10 minutes of cooking with the water add in lentils and after about another 10 minutes add in salt, sweet potato should be soft and lentils should be cooked so blend either with emersion blender or blender until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment