Sunday, August 7, 2011

1/2 Marathon


I have now run a half marathon! The inaugural year for the Providence Rock 'n Roll half marathon. As off as it seems - since it rained the whole time - I don't think we could have had better weather. And thanks to the great support from running partners and cheering on the sidelines it was a successful race that finished with a performance by Sugar Ray (photo above) who was not worth standing around in the rain for... We ended up taking our wet selves and dry clothes to the Westin which was amazing, we were greeted with dry towels and bottles of water. At lunch I quickly realized what I will be in for the next few days as my legs were so weak it was hard to push my chair back from the table but well worth it. Maybe next time I'll try training...


No comments:

Post a Comment