Saturday, April 5, 2014

new baby new design


Somehow this space has become very food centered, aside from my Valentine craft mania. As I'm preparing for a trip that will hopefully bring me back to the states with new inspiration I wanted to make a quick card for friends expecting their second child who is due any day... 

I started by thinking about what I know about them, which lead me to their green shoes and their love of the Red Sox. Then I. Did a quick sketch of a baseball hat and shoes, went over it with ink and scanned it in to the computer. Since the family is growing from 3 to 4 I resized the sketch to represent each family member, added some text and printed it on a card stock. Next step was a quick watercolor and finally glued that to yellow card stock. 

I'm looking forward to meeting the new addiction to their family myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment