Monday, May 12, 2014

Festive Tissue Paper Flowers


These tissue paper flowers are a quick and easy way to add some color for every day or decoration for a celebration. I first tried them because I was looking to add some color to my Cinco de Mayo dinner. 

What you'll need:
tissue paper
scissors
wire & skewers or pipe cleaner 




Cut the tissue paper in to 6" x 7" rectangles
I layered 15 pieces of paper for the full look in my pictures but you can try it with less if you want your flowers to be less full



Use an accordion fold to fold the paper, folding so the length is still 7"
I then pressed them under a heavy book until I was ready for the next step


I didn't have pipe cleaner on hand so I used wire instead, I wrapped the wire around the center of the folded paper, if you have pipe cleaner you can use that instead 


 I wrapped the wire around the top of a skewer that will be the stem of the flower
Cut the edges of the paper, I did half circles on some and points on others, use whatever look you like
then gently fold up the paper toward the middle one sheet at a time to form your petals





I used a cocktail shaker as the vase to hold the flowers. I also like these has a hanging decoration, just remove the stick and use the wire to hang them. 









No comments:

Post a Comment