Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hostess Gift - pot of herbs

I was invited to dinner at a friend's house and told not to bring anything, she had food and drinks covered so I had to think of something else to bring. She recently moved and now has some outdoor space where she wants to grow a little garden so I decided to bring some herbs for the garden. I dressed them up a little by decorating a pot I had. 


I started by washing the pot and letting it dry
Then I used stencils to decorate the pot 


I did the whole thing with white paint and a foam brush 
There's lot of room to be creative with this but I had a bit of a time crunch


The three small herb pots fit together in the terra cotta pot, so I left them in their separate pots instead of adding dirt and planing them together. This will also allow my friend the flexibility to easily plant them where ever she wants or leave them as they are. 
It was a fun project and a nice twist on a hostess gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment