Tuesday, December 27, 2011

waiting to fly

It's interesting how things appear in our lives at the right moment. Take for example this free gift with purchase meditation pillow... I forgot my little travel pillow and have a red eye home - my ride to the airport got me here 3 hours early and now my fight has been delayed 2 hours - so I'll probably fall asleep on the plane and this pillow will be a huge help! As I start counting down the last few days of this year, reflecting back and thinking about resolutions for the future recognizing and appreciating these 'coincidences' is a reoccurring theme. 


It's strange being at the airport when it's so quiet. The shops have closed, the bathrooms are empty, the bicycle cops are riding down the long empty terminal with no people in the way...


I also find myself reminded about how much is taken for granted. The fact that I can get on a plane and fly across the country, on a whim if I wanted to, is pretty incredible. Having some quiet time in the airport before I leave just gives me time to appreciate the journey which is something else which often slips by. Getting there isn't the story, the story is how you get there and the gifts the universe gives you along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment