Saturday, June 14, 2014

refinished Kitchen Step Stool

We bought this step stool at IKEA years ago with the intention of finishing it but years later here it is, still unfinished. After I completed my child's chair project this seemed a good next project to finally get completed. 

The things that stand out to me in our kitchen are the purple floor and red mixer that lives on the counter. Since I had some extra red paint around and left over purple floor paint I decided this would be a good way to use them and not need to buy anything new.

I began by painting the whole stool red and left it to dry completely. 



I didn't want to overcomplicate the design on the stool or create too big of a challenge for myself so I began by adding purple down the middle of the stool, all this took was some painters tape to paint between. Then I used a simple stencil I had to add a little more interest. 


Once the purple paint was dry. I gave the stool two coats of poly so it will be easy to keep clean. 
And once that was dry it was ready to be used! 




1 comment:

  1. I just happened upon this blog! I love this step stool. I did not realize that you had painted this.

    ReplyDelete