Friday, November 15, 2013

Ramen Revisited


Ramen has been a staple in my diet and different points in my life, unfortunately not a beautiful freshly made ramen but the cheap Maruchan ramen from the grocery store. I even have some in my pantry now so I decided to try to dress it up a little


Instead of using the seasoning package I made a little sauce in a pot on the stove over low heat I combined
garlic
fresh ginger
coconut oil
sesame oil
peanut butter
sriracha
soy sauce
rice vinegar
juice from half a lime

while that was warming, whisking it together periodically
I started the water to cook the ramen and washed and cut up vegetables
broccoli
red pepper
poblano pepper
carrot
mushrooms
radish

I also heated up coconut oil and cubed firm tofu and sautéed that in the oil until golden brown
I cooked the noodles and when they were about cooked I added the vegetables so they would soften slightly but I didn't want them to stay crisp.

Then I removed the ramen and vegetables and tossed with the sauce and garnished with bean sprouts,
scallions and the tofu.





No comments:

Post a Comment