Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Snow Globes


Last year I stopped in at an Anthropologie around the holidays and saw that they were selling 'dry' snow globes, mason jars and salt shakers with little winter scenes and glitter for snow and I thought, I could do that! So this year I decided to attempt it. 

I gathered up the following
some old jars - from salsa, peanut butter, whatever I had around
the tops of some bottles I cut
glitter - white and silver
small trees
little animals
small sled
small ornaments to use in the tops of cut bottles and to hold tree in salt shaker
styrofoam balls 
glue gun
mat board to be the bottom on cut bottles 
spray paint

first I spray painted the jar lids to cover up the branding on them, these will become the bottom of the snow globe that the winter scene will be attached to
I cut mat board to be the bottom of the cut bottles
then I laid out all the bottles and their bottoms and put together scenes for each of them
once the scenes were assembled I used the glue gun to secure them 
for the jars I added glitter and then screwed the bottoms on
for the cut bottles I used the glue gun to attach the mat board to the bottom then poured the glitter in through the hole on the top then glued an ornament in place on top to hold the glitter in

For this simple one I used a cut styrofoam  ball and two penguins

For the salt shaker I used a christmas ornament to hold a tree which adds an fun little tipsy element


No comments:

Post a Comment