Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Roasted Artichokes


Growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area artichokes have a special place in my heart. As much as I love them I haven't ever gotten adventurous with cooking them. I've only ever steamed them and then usually dip the leaves in melted butter. So I tried a new cooking method today which admittedly wasn't a big change but a start...

I prepared the artichoke by cutting off the top and the stem, opening the leaves a bit and giving it a good rinse. I peeled four cloves of garlic and stuck them in between the leaves toward the middle of the artichoke. I poured a little olive oil on some aluminium foil then placed the artichoke in the center, drizzled some oil over the artichoke, squeezed half a lemon on it and topped off with some salt, then I closed the foil up around it so the artichoke was covered, placed it on a small baking dish and baked at 425 for about an hour and fifteen minutes.once it was cooked it didn't need anything else because it had the flavor for the oil, lemon, garlic and salt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment