Saturday, March 29, 2014

mini greenhouses

I'm trying something new this year to start my seeds. Since we've been eating a lot of spinach in 'clamshell' packages so I've been holding on to them to try using them as mini greenhouses to start seeds this year. I'm trying two different ways to hold me seeds, some of the clamshells will have plastic seed trays and for others I'm using toilet paper rolls that I've cut in half.


Since these clamshells have no holes in them and as the seeds begin to grow I want to be able to water from the bottom instead of the top I have cut holes in the bottom of the packages I'm putting the toilet paper rolls in and those packages are sitting in a plastic tray.


Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be some growth! 
This seems like a great option for reusing some household objects. It was quick and easy to set up and just took a little planning to hold on to the plastic packages. 



No comments:

Post a Comment