Tuesday, November 22, 2011

a holiday custom (order)

I bought glass balls last year and decorated them and posted them on etsy... a few of them sold, a few of them are listed again.

Growing up each ornament on our tree was a memory and every year it was so exciting to unpack all these treasures.

Sunday I received an inquiry about one of my ornaments - a glass ball with an origami crane hanging in it. I was excited at the thought of being part of someone's holiday tradition and holiday memories. The end result was that I did a custom order of 18 ornaments with red cranes and got them in the mail today - because they are going to be adorning a Christmas tree for a party December 1st. Ending delicate glass ornaments makes me a bit nervous but I'm thrilled to get to be part of a holiday celebration in some small way!

No comments:

Post a Comment