Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cheesy Spent Grain Crackers

We brewed two batches of beer a few months ago - a pale & a brown - and made flour from the spent grain. I found a lot of great spend grain recipes on the Brooklyn Brewshop website  and tested out a few myself with some of my own twists.


These crackers were so quick to make that I've already made them twice! Today's batch I made to bring to a party. 

1/4 cup spent grain (I used the grain from our pale ale)
1/2 cup flour
1/8 t salt
1 1 /2 cups grated sharp cheddar
2 T butter

Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until it's evenly moist, remove from food processor and form in to a ball then roll out into a log and either keep it round or push down on the log and turn and push and turn to make the sides flat so you'll have square or rectangular crackers.



Preheat oven to 350, bake 10 minutes
Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment