Friday, August 30, 2013

Baked Donut Holes

I've heard rumors of baked donuts so I decided to try my hand at them. I don't have a donut pan so I used mini muffin pans to make donut holes and used a recipe I found at Baker Bettie.

Ingredients
5 Tablespoons butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour

Cream together the butter and sugar
Add the egg, milk and vanilla
Add the baking powder and flour
I spooned the batter into a greased mini muffin pan, filling each hole about half way

Bake at 325 for 10 minutes

Then coat the donuts
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon

Dip the donuts in melted butter then into cinnamon and sugar mixture



A few weeks ago I went to Half Baked and tried their bacon maple donut. Instead of a plain batter with a maple glaze and a few slices of bacon on top there was bacon in the batter! It was delicious! So I also did a bacon maple variation.


I cooked bacon up crisp and cut it into small pieces. I bought maple sugar  and used that in place of the granulated sugar.




No comments:

Post a Comment