Friday, March 4, 2011

deserts

I made three cake type deserts for tomorrow's engagement party. 


1 - chocolate dipped cake bites
with guidance from Bakerella, I bake a box mix red velvet cake, once it's cooled mixed in a can of cream cheese frosting, shape (I did toadstools, hearts & balls) and put in the freezer for 2 hours, then melt chocolate, dip into melted chocolate, place on wax paper and put in fridge for chocolate to harden into a shell




2 - s'mores mini cupcakes
I did a search for recipes and ended up using the cupcake recipe from Bakerella too
and frosting recipe from eat my Charlotte, although I also did a few with the crumble on top


3 - hummingbird cake
I used this recipe from Saveur, baked the cake in a glass rectangular pan then cut it in half to and then sliced each half through the middle so there would be 4 layers

No comments:

Post a Comment