Wednesday, March 9, 2011

magnetic souvenirs



I am flattered to be asked to help people with things for their wedding - from invitations to souvenirs. Today I've been working on glass tile magnets for a wedding. I've used photographs that the bride took during the trip when she and her fiance met in Paris. 


I printed the photographs on matte photo paper (I had attempted this with the photos on glossy paper and had many problems with air bubbles, the images on matte paper worked much better) and used a punch to crop the photos out.



Then I placed glaze on the glass, turned the glass over and placed it on the cutout image, the weight of the glass is enough to smooth out the glaze over the image. I aligned the glass over the image and held it for a few seconds so it would not slip. After about a minute I wiped off the excess glaze and cut the excess paper off so the paper was only under the glass. Then I placed the tiles on tinfoil so they would not stick to the surface they were drying on due to excess glaze. 


After they dry I'll flip them over and cover the back with glaze and place magnets in the center, using the glaze to adhere the magnets and seal the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment