Saturday, March 19, 2011

yoga

"Yoga will change your life."
"Ummm... sure it will" I replied skeptically. After years of trying to persuade me to give it a try with no success my sister tried a different approach. A birthday gift of 2 individual lessons for myself and my husband. So I scheduled them and we had our first lesson....
Yoga is hard. It's not just some stretching, it is working all your muscles, pull your calves in while you push your thighs apart, arms reaching into the air, fingers extended, feet planted and pushing down... every muscle engaging together... sweat pouring out... and at the end of it you lie down, on your back and let every muscle relax, let everything go and just breathe... 


One class. And now my body is asking for a kale salad and not a cookie. And I somehow feel lighter and more connected to the universe. 
I think it may be true. 


Yoga will change my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment