Saturday, March 17, 2012

the big three - Guinness, Jameson, Irish Cream


I have been thinking about St. Patrick's Day. Since we'll be heading off to enjoy corned beef and cabbage I've been thinking about what contribution I could make. I've heard a lot about baking with stout but never done it. Then I came across this Guinness Cupcake recipe that takes it one step further but including three lovely Irish alcohols. I couldn't get it out of my mind so on the way home tonight around 10 pm made a detour by the grocery store and before I knew it there I was- with huge help from my partner - baking cupcakes as the day changed from the 16th to the 17th. I think the only variation we made was to add some food coloring to the frosting and the cupcakes needed to bake for 20 minutes. 

I am now exhausted but think these lovely treats were well worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment