Wednesday, March 21, 2012

the sunshine and my tejas

This is how it started.
I sat in a sundress on the porch with my breakfast and coffee. The beautiful sunlight warming me... and then these thoughts... if you go to yoga you'll miss this sun it won't be shining on your porch much longer, you don't need to go let your tejas shine just let the sun in to light you up, you ran that 5k Sunday your body won't respond well to yoga today, maybe it's better to start going again in April... these rediculous excuses just kept coming. A little reason crept in, you never regret going to class...
I found myself changing for class, gathering my stuff and heading off to class. And still on the way were these excuses not to go. 'I bet we'll have to do something with a partner, I just want to have my own space and do this with me.' And I began thinking about how stupid it was to be making excuses not to do this, why was I trying to get out of going, why am I giving my fear this kind of voice? I should be convincing myself to go to class and saying things like 'what a beautiful way to welcome spring.' As I approached the studio I could see that curtains were drawn and again the voice came 'must be closed, just turn around, at least you tried...' I saw a fellow student head in so I took a deep breath and went to class.

How did it end?
It was a beautiful class. I left feeling shiny and bright. It's a beautiful thing to be able to sit in the sunshine but more important to remember that that light is always inside of me and let my tejas shine. I was full and open. I had energy and motivation. That negative voice full of excuses had disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment