Friday, March 16, 2012

Bottles to Glasses - reuse


I really like the idea of reusing old bottles. I got an Ephrem Bottle Cutter. Their website has a great demo video which makes it look easy...
 

Use the bottle cutter to score the bottle, using a candle heat along the score, you'll hear a little cracking or popping noise, then bur an ice cube over the heated scored part of the bottle and there should be a clean break. If it doesn't break right away try heating and using the ice again. Then it's time to sand or polish down the cut edge. 


I also purchased some etching paint. My first attempt with it was the Dave Matthews Fire Dancer image as a friend had asked me if I would be able to do it. Instead of creating a stencil I printed the image and placed it inside the glass and used that to paint the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment