Monday, March 12, 2012

it smells like spring

Snow drops are blooming, crocuses are opening up in the sun and tulips are pushing their way up, breaking out of the dirt. 
It is 70 degrees here. There is not a window in my apartment that is not open. 
It has been a very mild winter but I still find myself thrilled by the thought of spring. I can not wait to be digging in the dirt again and watching everything come to life. So today I started to plan for this year's garden and started some seeds. 
I made a map of my garden beds, took an inventory of the seeds that I have and tried to lay out what I will go in each bed. Then I filled up trays, planted some seeds and found them a nice spot by the window so they can get warmed by the sun and grow up from the dirt. 
I should have the hoop house back up and these little guys moved outside by the end of the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment