Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Aftermath - Hurricane Sandy

I'm not much of a storm chaser, that seems unnecessarily risky and often contributes to bigger problems but I do like to go out after a storm and see the aftermath. As I wandered today I was reminded of my mantra when buying our house - the only thing you can't change is the location. After seeing all the destruction on tv and hearing about the impact especially in NY & NJ, I am so thankful that this is the place we picked to live. We had a snow storm this time last year that knocked out power and caused a lot of destruction in CT & VT (among other places) but did not really impact us. The same seems to be true of this storm. There are a few tress and limbs down around us but we no major damage and for that I am feel so lucky and thankful. 

 
he fence in our backyard, our only damage

tree down on my street 

tree down on my street 



tree down on my street 

limb down on the bike path 

trash can down on bike path 


Thankful that there was not much of interest in our area.





No comments:

Post a Comment