Sunday, October 28, 2012

Haunt Jaunt - 5K in costume

A friend invited me to join her on a Halloween themed community 5k in Malden. I haven't done a Halloween race yet so I decided to try this one. Then I realized I should find something festive to wear so I look in my closet and in my office to see what I could use to come up with a costume that would not require buying anything, would look festive but would also be easy to run in. 

 

I found some clay in my office so I molded horns, made a hole in the bottom before I baked them then painted them with nail polish and put a ribbon through them so I could wear them. 


The course was all on sidewalks, the streets were not shut down but there were cops at big intersections letting the runners cross. It was a festive run past cemeteries (photo above was taken while running) and an area I had never been to before. Good way to spend a Sunday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment