Monday, January 14, 2013

Grilled Shrimp

It is unseasonably warm here, almost 60 degrees in January in Boston. This crazy weather may be a sign of the end  of the world but why not take advantage? For this summer like weather I made a summer dinner, salad with shrimp on top.



First step was prepping putting together a marinade for the shrimp

Olive oil
garlic (I used frozen cubes)
cilantro (I used frozen cubes)
lime juice
sriracha
salt
pepper




Then I had to prep the shrimp. Thankfully they were already beheaded. I peeled them leaving the shells around the tail and deveined them, keeping them on ice so they stayed cold. I gave them one final rinse, dried them with paper towels and put them in a ziploc bag with the marinade. I kept them in the fridge for a few hours then put them on the grill. 

Once the shrimp were cooked I put them on on a bed of mixed greens for a taste of summer meal. 






No comments:

Post a Comment