Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hanging Heart Decorations


Today I have a hanging heart craft. These were fun and leave a lot of space for creativity. 

For the basics here's what you need:
heart template
paper
scissors
string
glue

Extra Optional Supplies
beads to put on the strings (pictured center above)
other kinds of paper or print outs of photographs, I printed some vacation photos to incorporate


First I did a google image search for hearts and picked out a heart I liked. I then printed it in two different sizes because I wanted to have two different sizes of hanging hearts. I cut these out and used that as templates. 
For each hanging heart you need 3-4 hearts of the same size to glue together so trace heart templates and and cut out hearts 
Fold hearts in half - if the paper only has a pattern on one side, fold in half so the pattern is folded together to the inside
Pick two same size hearts and glue them together so half of one heart is glued to half of another heart
If using three hearts then glued a string and third heart, if using four hearts glue a sting and another pair of hearts together


That's it! 
Want some extra embellishment? Add some beads to the string (pictured in first photo of this post)
Want to personalize this? Print out some photographs and cut those in to hearts too. I used some photos from vacations (pictured below)
I like the way they look hanging int he window but they add a nice touch anyone you hang them.










No comments:

Post a Comment