Sunday, February 2, 2014

Owl Always Love You



I've started holding on to empty toilet paper rolls instead of throwing them in to the recycling. Seems like a strange thing to keep but I keep thinking there must be some fun crafts to do with these. I also love puns so I made some owls to pass on some Valentine's love.

I started by getting all my paper cut and together.
I cut out red hearts for the wings and red circles to go behind the googly eyes
I cut out orange beaks
I cut thin strips of white paper to use to write the messages on
I cut out the decorative paper to wrap the rolls
I also grabbed some heart stickers
I started by wrapping the toilet paper rolls in the decorative paper, I put rubber cement on the paper to attach it to the rolls
Next I pushed in the middle of the top of the roll to bend one side down and then the other side to bend on top to form the ears.
Next I glued the red paper for behind the eyes and the orange beak. I used elmers glue for this part
I folded the hearts in half for the wings and glued them upside down (with elmers) leaving a bit of space so they stick out from the body
For the small strips of white paper I rolled them from both sides to get a curl and wrote a message in the middle
owl "always love you"
owl "be true"
owl "be there for you"
owl "love you forever"
Lastly I stuck on the heart stickers.



No comments:

Post a Comment