Thursday, September 30, 2010

pack light


I'm taking advantage of the freedom of my schedule and visiting a friend in Minneapolis for the weekend. I leave tonight so I had to get packed. When I wait until the last minute to pack it's easy for me to over do it and I HATE it when I pack way too much stuff, so today I am trying to pack light. I think I've succeeded. With this wonderful internet technology I can look up the weather so I don't have to pack something for any possible scenario but can narrow it down and pack what I need. I've also talked to my friend to see if we're doing anything that would merit a 'fancy' outfit so I can make decisions about what to include for that. Since she said yes, I've packed a dress, whole outfit in one instead of lost of extra pieces and have chosen earings and a necklace that will look nice for any occasion. Since I don't really need to 'impress' my friend and it's only about 3 days, all I need is the dress, jeans, 3 shirts, clean socks and underwear and pajamas. I even fit my coat in my bag and a scarf just in case 65 feels colder than I expect it to. And I've stuck in one of those bags that scrunches up small so if we do any shopping or I find anything I want to bring home I'll have space to do that too.
Now I just have to be sure I make it to the airport on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment