Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friendly Fun


Take advantage of time with friends. I got to spend some time with two of my former coworkers, one who is moving to DC on Friday (so this would be my last chance to see her for awhile) and one who had also quite and just today, actually, got offered a new job.


After a hectic morning of picking up a rental car, baking 3 batches of cookies to take with when we leave for New Hampshire tonight, and trying to finish the last 60 pages of the book I borrowed from my friend moving to DC I was feeling a little crazy. But spending time with people you care about seems to take all of that away somehow.


We had the best of intentions to go for a walk around a pond but met a series of distractions - including the oppressive heat of the day - so we ended up getting ice cream and then sitting by the pond instead.


When I made it back home it became a frantic whirlwind of packing and trying to grab a bite to eat and packing everything up... stress levels rising... but it was worth it to get some time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment