Thursday, September 23, 2010

stop for the details

I find myself in a rush for no apparent reason these days. I'll go out to get groceries and then race to the store and back. What am I rushing for? Am I scared to be away from the house? Why do I feel like I need the excuse of a destination and 'purpose' for going somewhere instead of just going to get out of the house and get some exercise, see something new or rediscover something I've seen a hundred times before?

Today I need to pick up some things from the store but I did not rush, I let myself look around and take in the little things.

Today, I noticed a sunflower. I've noticed them before, I like sunflowers but I never really stopped to look at it's beautiful face and today I did
and I noticed that it's made up of lots of tiny flowers around each of the seeds and at the end of the seeds were little loops, I'd never noticed these tiny loops before. This flower, which I like, I suddenly realized that I'd never really looked at, never really seen all the intricate details of it's growth that come together to make it so impressive.

It seems a bit strange to have such a sudden fascination with a flower but I feel like it was a good reminder, to pay more attention to all the details, that there is always something new to see, and that face value is not the whole of anything, everything is worth a closer look.


No comments:

Post a Comment