Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tow


I no longer have a car. We are a no-car household after both our cars were totaled at once by a drunk driver about five years ago now we never replaced them. We have saved a LOT of money by not having cars and can feel gushy about having less impact on the environment and feel healthier doing more walking and cycling. We also joined Zipcar so we do have access and I do still love to drive when I get the chance...
My parents flew in last night and I met them at the airport to be able to pick up their rental car and drive them home. Usually there's a spot in front of my house (I don't have a driveway) but the cars there parked poorly and there was just not enough space for me to squeeze the rental car in, so I parked around the corner where I could still see the car from the front porch. That was helpful because it meant when I heard the street sweeper this morning I could see that it was going right where I had parked the car... which had be ticketed and towed...

My first time ever having a car towed! Thankfully my parents were both calm about it and there's a taxi stand about 5 blocks from my house. After calling the police department who told me which tow company to call and locating the car we grabbed a cab and recovered the car which thankfully didn't appear to be damaged at all in the process.

It was a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment