Thursday, September 16, 2010

Scrapbook

I tend to hold on to things... little bits of paper, ticket stubs, brochures... I stick everything in a box and the only time I open the box is to add more little bits but never to examine the ones already stored there. When I got married in May I kept little bits from everything. I made the invitations so I have the first pencil drawings on a torn scrap of paper, I have the receipt from our entrance fee for our four day honeymoon to Yosemite and I have a scrapbook whose pages I laid out so people could leave us message instead of a traditional guest book and those would be incorporated into a memory book.
Since the wedding was in California, where I'm from, and because my husband's family is from New England and could not all make the trip out we planned to have a second reception on the East Coast, an excuse for another party and to be able to include more people in our celebration.
Well, it's coming up this weekend, and I still have all these little scraps of paper that never made it in to the scrapbook so I tackled my project head on today. And it took me all day.

pre- wedding activities
notes from our guests with photos of them at the wedding and some of the cards we received

honeymoon

We'll put the book out this weekend too so we may end up with some more pages to add and it's still lacking captions but I'm feeling pretty good about how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment