Friday, December 17, 2010

going away gift

A dear friend is moving to Germany on Monday. I'll admit I'm a bit jealous of her new adventure. Our lives have crissed and crossed over the years living near and far but it's one of those friendships where even if it's been a year since we'd seen each other (although I don't think we've ever gone that long) it felt like it had just been a few days. I've enjoyed living close to each other again but as is our history figured we would live away from each other again too. Tomorrow night is her good-bye party and I wanted to give her something to keep California and Massachusetts close during her travels so I made her a two sided necklace with an image from each state to hold close to her. I also wanted to be sure it would be a gift that would be easy to stick in to her bags and not add more burden to her travels.


I also thought the party may be a good venue for some market research so I made a necklace for myself as well to wear to the party and see what kind of response I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment