Thursday, December 16, 2010

tomatoes and the last coat


Why just put 3 coats of poly when you can put 4?
The floors are done! 4 coats of poly down. The stairs, however, need some attention but we'll get to those later...

After I put the 4th coat down in the 3 rooms and was waiting to finish the landing (which got 3 coats today) I remembered some farm share treats...

We've gotten tomatoes the last 3 weeks, grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and this week two large tomatoes. We hadn't used any of them yet. The two that came yesterday were pretty bruised and the others were threatening to turn so I decided to cook them so that I can either make pasta for dinner tonight or freeze them for later use.
Here's how I did it:
put a little olive oil in a pot, add garlic and chopped tomatoes let simmer until tomatoes break down, part way through I added some salt and pepper. When they looked about done I threw in basil that I'd harvested, food processed and frozen early this year. Now I have a tomato basil sauce.

It worked out well because the sauce got to simmer and cook down for a few hours while I finished the floors.


No comments:

Post a Comment