Tuesday, December 28, 2010

gym

Today was a good reminder about self care.

As nice as it is to have a few extra days at home, we're all so used to our own space and our own ways of doing things that unexpected extensions can be stressful. I've gone for a few runs while I've been home since my gym is not nationwide but today I gave in and went to the Equinox gym with my sister.

The day use fee was well worth it. After some cardio we went and used the lap pool (outside, one flight up), nobody else was using it, just us, swimming in the rain to the sound of the drops hitting the water.

It's always hard to remind myself when I'm feeling worn out that getting some exercise will wake me back up so I was thankful I had my sister to kick my butt a little and get me to the gym while I continue to work on remembering on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment