Thursday, December 30, 2010

homeward bound

It has been a long day... after about 4 hours of sleep I rolled out of bed to drive everyone to the airport, dropped my sister off at her terminal and drove back around to mine and passed over driving duties and headed to my gate, with a stop at Peet's for a coffee...

I had some time to reflect as I waited to board. My parents continue to get older and less able and both their children live across the country... should we be thinking about moving closer to help with their care? They've given so much to us, shouldn't we be giving back to them now? Now that I'm married what does home mean? Can you have many places you call home? With my family & with my husband? I've missed him but am thankful that we had the time just the four of us...

I was thrilled to see my husband when I got to Boston. He picked me up in a Zipcar, we dropped my bags at home, parked the car back in its spot and headed to meet friends for dinner at one of our local favorites, Redbones. It was nice to be greeted with friendly faces and good conversation over 'comfort food' being back 'home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment