Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Ornaments

I bought some glass balls to decorate and worked on a variety of decorating ideas....

I have a lot of random nail polish and thought it could be fun to do some kind of color swirls inside the balls so when there was light behind them then would have a glow. So I poured nail polish in and swirled it around to decorate some of the balls. The problems with the nail polish were the smell and it actually took quite awhile to dry.

I also wanted to try to get a crane suspended in the balls so I did a few with cranes with small tags that either said 'fly' or 'peace' It was a bit more difficult than I expected to get the cranes in but with patience it worked. I have since decided the ones with the 'peace' tag are probably better as there is irony in the crane being trapped in the glass ball with the word 'fly'


I also tried using paint pens and painting the outside of some of the ornaments and then putting a curled piece of paper suspended inside with text on it. In this case the paper says 'enjoy the season'. I also made some with simple snowflakes on the outside and the words 'winter wonderland inside' along with some white glitter.

You can see more of them in my etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment