Wednesday, July 18, 2012

fridge pickles

I had no luck growing cucumbers last year. I had dreamed of piles of full pickle jars and then there were no cucumbers... this year however we have lots of cucumbers coming in, it feels like there's another one to pick every day. I started looking up pickling recipes and realized that making pickles that will last in your pantry seems like a lot of work! Making pickles that will keep in the fridge however seemed doable. 

I boiled 1.5 cups water, 1.5 cups vinegar, and 3 Tablespoons salt 
I cut up cucumbers and put them in the jars each jar also had 4 sprigs of dill, 4 cloves of garlic cut in half and half a jalapeno pepper
I poured the boiling water mixture into the jars, closed them up, let them cool off a bit then put them in the fridge. 






No comments:

Post a Comment