Sunday, July 15, 2012

NYC on the rivers

I'm sitting on the bus, dead stop on the highway, rain coming down and periodic lightening, in front of us I can see the flashing lights of emergency vehicles. I am thankful. This minor inconvenience in my travels home after a quick trip down to New York but I am safe, I am dry, I don't have the stress of driving right now and I had the ability to go to New York for the weekend... This was not my initial reaction as the bus along with all the traffic came to a standstill. One of the ways I am trying to make change within myself to help me to live a happier life is to take these little steps back and try to be thankful for every moment because every moment is a gift. I have the power to control how I react to it and to learn from it. I could choose to sit her and become anxious and angry but all that would accomplish is making myself miserable. So, that does not seem like a good choice to make. Instead I am choosing to be thankful and to use this time to share some images from my weekend in NYC.


New York seems to have the best billboards, really clever funny billboards for random things you don't seem them for in other places like parking and storage....


both of those I saw from the Highline 




wandering, Union Square Farmers Market



A walk along the East River 




water taxi to Brooklyn 



view from rooftop bar at Wythe Hotel, Brooklyn


Morning Love 


Staten Island Ferry 




on the way to the bus


No comments:

Post a Comment