Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doctor Call

I can’t explain why making phone calls makes me so nervous, logically I know that it’s silly but I still have a hard time with it. Since I tend to be fairly healthy and not get the kind of colds or injuries that would necessitate a trip to the doctor, I’ll just say, it’s been awhile... which I know, is especially bad as I get older and need regular check-up especially with the growing number of people in my family to have cancer.


Since my toe had been in so much pain and since we had a lot of things going on for the weekend my partner insisted I go see the doctor. So,I called and was able to get in today to see a nurse practitioner and made an appointment to go back and see her for a check-up.


So, it was a whole new experience at this new doctor office which was actually really nice. She wanted to make sure my toe wasn’t broken so ordered x-rays so I had to go down a flight and get an x-ray taken and then back up and she pulled the x-ray up on the computer screen and we didn’t see any kind of break or fracture so I was sent off with a discussion about wearing work boots and more supportive sandals since I went over there in flip flops.


So now that I’ve survived the dreaded phone call and found my way to and around the new doctor office the next time shouldn’t be so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment