Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Party Favors

In honor of my friend's engagement some friends and I decided to throw her a party. So we scheduled it for when her love would be in town. I decided to take on the favors - and desert.
I looked up some favor ideas on-line and then tried to do things on a budget...

I found glasses on sale and used that to hold all the other items.
A few of the things I had in mind... they met in Paris, at a Dave Matthews concert so their wedding song is one of his songs, she's a Giants fan, he's a Dodgers fan, his parents are Mexican... I also used the phrase "Keep it ______" to try to tie some of the pieces together so here's what I ended up with:
  • Mints - since it's almost Halloween there's Halloween candy, it was cheaper to but Junior Mints than Tic-Tacs, so I decorated them with Giants logo on one side and Dodgers logo on the other and wrote "Keep it Fresh"
  • Candle - I used a paint pen and drew the Eiffel Tower on each one and wrote l'amour
  • Match Box - I decorated on both sides with words from their wedding song and on the end of the box put "keep the love light burning"
  • Tabasco - put new labels with photos of people kissing in Paris and wrote "Keep it Hot like _____ & _____"
  • made Mexican wedding cookies because everyone wasn't going to be able to join us for desert
It was a lot of fun to put together. I also found some 'diamond' confetti type things so I threw a few of those in each glass too.

No comments:

Post a Comment