Thursday, November 18, 2010

chinese kale - garden to table



It has been windy! Since my hoop garden was not exactly expertly constructed the wind tends to take up the plastic, so I've been trying to remember to recover it in the evenings. It was nice a sunny out today so I went out and took the plastic the rest of the way off of the garden so it can get some sun I just have to remember to cover it up again tonight. The garden still seems to be doing well. The Chinese Kale I planted seems to be thriving and I needed lunch so I picked some of the kale leaves...

Lunch:
rice

tofu - I like it when it's a little crisp so I put some olive oil in a pan, cut up the tofu and put it in the warm oil until it was golden and tossed it with salt and garlic powder
kale - I put a little toasted sesame oil in a pan with chopped garlic and ginger, half a spoonful of chili paste with garlic, soy sauce, kale, once the kale was cooked I added the juice from half a lime and chopped and added some mint


No comments:

Post a Comment